spark-user mailing list archives

From Masood Krohy <masood.kr...@analytical.works>
Subject Re: spark-submit exit status on k8s
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2020 01:34:19 GMT
While you wait for a fix on that JIRA ticket, you may be able to add an
intermediary step in your AirFlow graph, calling Spark's REST API after
submitting the job, and dig into the actual status of the application,
and make a success/fail decision accordingly. You can make repeated
calls in a loop to the REST API with few seconds delay between each call
while the execution is in progress until the application fails or succeeds.

https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/monitoring.html#rest-api

Hope this helps.

Masood

Masood Krohy, Ph.D.