spark-user mailing list archives

From Renganathan M <renganatha...@gmail.com>
Subject How Spark Framework works a Compiler
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2021 09:52:06 GMT
Hi,

I have read in many blogs that Spark framework is a compiler itself.

It generates the DAG; optimizes it and executes it. The DAG is generated from the user submitted
code ( be it in Java, Scala, Python or R). So when we submit a JAR file (it has the list of
compiled classes), in the first step, does Spark use reflection to read the class files and
then generates DAG ? I am not quit getting what really happens from the point where user submits
the JAR file, to DAG generation.

I tried looking for answers; but not able to get any.

Can someone please help.

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10