spot-dev mailing list archives

From Austin Leahy <Aus...@digitalminion.com>
Subject Re: should we upgrade to spark 2.1 ?
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2017 23:57:12 GMT
I think the answer is:

"Or perhaps drive the 2.1 branch forward and only send bug fixes to the 1.6
branch for another year or so?"

Since there isn't a large block of "in production" usage yet we can expect
a good percentage of new deployments to be on totally new clusters or
clusters where a package upgrade wouldn't be to hard.

Lagging to far behind a major release is a dangerous path.

Maybe I should bring up the elephant in the room that ipython support for
2.x just got dropped.