spot-dev mailing list archives

From "Edwards, Brandon" <brandon.edwa...@intel.com>
Subject Re: Spark EM LDA Optimizer support
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2017 18:26:22 GMT
A question just came up for me. Is there a true use case for utilizing EM that allows one to
carry context from previous models into the future? It seems that once you save to a local
model in order to utilize it for future data, from then on you only can use the Online optimizer.
If this is correct, I vote for getting rid of EM. I don’t see value in supporting a use
case that does not carry context into future models.