spot-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Shlyakhtin <Vladimir.Shlyakh...@sstech.us>
Subject Kerberos support
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 14:17:54 GMT
Hello,

I'm just wondering if Apache Spot fully supports Kerberos. As far as I understand not yet.
(According to jira cases in "Spot Kerberos enablement" Epic).
Currently I'm working on installing Apache Spot on Kerberized environment. So was created
spot principal, granted access to hive, kafka and hdfs. Now I'm trying to run ingest component.
But in ingest's code I see only "kinit" call. For python-kafka it is not enough. As it is
required security_protocol and sasl_mechanism for creation KafkaConsumer.
I did such changes but still get exception "kafka.errors.NoBrokersAvailable: NoBrokersAvailable"
It is the same as was reported in: https://github.com/dpkp/kafka-python/issues/1189
Nathanael mentioned in SPOT-77 about librdkafka.
What do you think? Is it worth to switch to librdkafka or continue use python-kafka.

Thanks

Regards,
- Vladimir