spot-dev mailing list archives

From Nate Smith <nathan...@apache.org>
Subject [PODLING REPORT] February 2018
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2018 07:59:35 GMT
Hello,

Below I've included a draft of the podling report which is due Feb 7th.
Please feel free to request any additions/changes to the report.
I will post the latest version on the incubator wiki on Feb 6th.

- Nathanael

Draft of report below:
__________

Spot

Apache Spot is a platform for network telemetry built on an open data model

and Apache Hadoop.

Spot has been incubating since 2016-09-23.

  1. Develop a better release process

  2. Handle additional data types for ingestion and enrichment into ODM
schema

  3. Fostering more activity in the user, dev and private mail lists

aware of?

a. Issues providing podling reports during December, January.
This is being addressed moving forward.

a. Seeing more pull requests from new contributors

a. Development on the ODM branch has been moving forward and will continue
to push towards adoption into the master branch.
b. Ingest redesign underway

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  [ ] Initial setup

  [ ] Working towards first release

  [x ] Community building

  [ ] Nearing graduation

  [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

 2017-09-08

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2018-01-18
______