spot-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Schoeni <markscho...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposed Addition to SPOT
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2018 18:58:35 GMT
Hello Everyone,
My name is Mark Schoeni and I am new to the SPOT initiative.
I would like to add some features to spot and I have some slides explaining
the additions (​​SPOT-EntityModeling
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1pP1w8sEenvOyWyBwv8gtOpfqybXn-eFFurGgs2EyZCQ/edit?usp=sharing>).
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have a short summary of the
proposal below.

*Summary* (*TLDR*)
I will be adding entity profiling capabilities to SPOT. This will allow us
to generate "Features" from the data in the ODM table. A Feature is an
aggregate of data taken at user defined iterations. For example, Tracking
the login attempt count of each user per day. This would allow an
administrator to alert on a sudden spike in login attempts. I am proposing
creating an interface to allow users to easily add Features and be able to
trend and alert on them.

Thank you,