spot-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mark Schoeni <markscho...@gmail.com>
Subject Spot Project Meeting Minutes for 09/07
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2018 18:16:25 GMT
Hello All,
I apologize for being so late with the meeting notes from 09/07

-----------------------

Highlights

   -

   There are some issues with getting Pull Requests through. There is an
   active effort to train some new people on the ASF merge process to get Pull
   Requests flowing again.
   -

   In order to try to push a new release, Jira Issues and Pull Requests
   related to the ODM branch will be set on the backburner until larger
   architecture discussions can occur.
   -

   Push for UI Development will start to be made. A Jira will be created to
   capture feature requests around the new UI.

New Jiras

   -

   SPOT-279 Inconsistencies in the open data model descriptions
   -

      Although further discussion around this topic is welcome, we are
      trying to push ODM Discussions out until we can close some of the easier
      issues.
      -

   SPOT-280 Ingestion using Spark Streaming [PR #141]
   -

      This addition may conflict with planned development to include
      Envelope for Spark Streaming; due around the end of this year
(Worked on by
      Curtis). However, as a short term solution this PR will be granted. Work
      will have to be done later to allow both features to live in harmony.
      -

      Mark will try testing this, but welcomes any help

Pull Requests

   -

   New PR #149: [SPOT-279] Inconsistencies in the open data model
   descriptions
   -

      Explained above (SPOT-279). We want to focus on next release items
      first.

ASF-Site (Skipped)

Continuation Next Release Roadmap

   -

   ODM Branch will not be included in next release due to the amount of
   work necessary to prepare it for release. Many discussions still need to
   happen around the ODM table and ingestion process.
   -

   ODM Branch discussion will be coordinated by Nate. Mark will send out
   PRs targeted for the Next Release (Basically anything not to do with ODM).
   -

   UI is becoming top priority for the project. A Jira around the UI will
   be created to start capturing feature requests.
   -

   Current agreed upon Roadmap

1) Push Current PRs

2) Make new useable UI

3) Package first version of ODM features

4) Easier Machine Learning Integrations

Open Forum

   -

   PR #21 Agreed to close because lack of activity

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message