spot-dev mailing list archives

From Austin Leahy <le...@apache.org>
Subject Merges and Ticket cleanup
Date Sun, 15 Sep 2019 22:12:23 GMT
Just wanted to send an update for anyone conscious of the activity in
flight for the last week.

As committers for the project we had failed to internalize the Apache shift
to its use of gitbox. We had previously been relying on the automerge bot
to merge PRs not realizing that this function has been turned off within
the repos. The good news is that committers now have more fine grained
branch control so we can do things like aggregate votes from
email+githubPR+githubReview+jira to determine when we will be making merges.

As a result we have merged a number of outstanding PRs and closed others
which had lacked responses to questions.

If you feel like you had an open PR that was closed when it shouldn't have
please open a new PR and we will get on it right away.

We have also begun a process to unburry ourselves from
miss-alignment within the Jira tickets. We hope this will allow us to
finally begin to uncover and bring back our cadence and direction. There
are a number of people who have been working very hard on this project for
the last year and we want to make sure their work make it into the core
project so that the community can benefit.

As always share your thoughts

Thanks

Austin Leahy