spot-user mailing list archives

From Kausar Khizra <kau...@oath.com>
Subject Impala - spot requirement
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 21:33:51 GMT
Hello spot users,

I've been trying to fulfill all the requirements for apache spot
installation. Good news is that I was able to install one by one all of
them except impala. This is rhel 6 and I chose to install latest versions
of hdfs, hive, hadoop, kafka, zookeeper, spark.

I don't find many resources that talks about impala installation especially
on rhel. So far, my attempt has been to install from the source code but it
seems like there is a TON of troubleshooting involved. Alternative method I
think is to use cloudera manager (cm). Does anyone have similar experience?
Is it just me or installing impala is usually not easy?

Note that this is a test setup and its a single box where I want to install
everything and therefore I'm not looking for cluster setup and different
nodes etc.

Can we get around this requirement and install spot without impala? It'd be
great if I don't have to spend a lot of time on a product poc.

--

Thanks,
-khizra