sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Maven Build etc...
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 17:32:00 GMT
Hey Olivier,

Maven is a good thing -- but this is more than just compiling and unit
testing the artifact.  Let's make sure that we decide which pieces are in
scope for the mavenization and at least have a story for if we port or not
port certain build features.  Having recently gone through (and still going
through) an ant ->  maven change with Flume,  hopefully we can avoid some
effort and save some time in the process.

Here's a list from perusing the ant build.xml file.
* Binary build vs release/source build
* Properties or profiles for test vs perf-test
* Docs build.  Check out this link for how we converted the ant asciidoc
build to a maven+ant asciidoc build:
https://github.com/cloudera/flume/commit/7cb94837beedf2bdfd0245e0404f8855b259a274
.
This requires external tools.
* RAT (release audit tool)?
* Findbugs?
* Cobertura?
* Checkstyle? (This has historically been strongly enforced with sqoop)
* Eclipse project? (flume documented around this problem)

Jon.

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:

> BTW First I have to ask if you agree to move to a maven build.
> Just chatted with Andrew and he has a good idea to move some tests in
> modules activated tru a profile (yup some tests need a running mysql,
> oracle instance etc..).
>
> Let me know before I break everything :-)
>
> 2011/8/2 Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org>:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > FYI I have started working on a maven build for sqoop (not yet finished
> :-) ).
> > I will probably move some unit tests with oracle jdbc driver to a
> > profile (as this driver is not available in central repo).
> >
> > No objections if I move classes to package org.apache.sqoop (instead
> > of com.cloudera.sqoop) ?
> > I will fix license headers too (all contains : "Licensed to Cloudera,
> > Inc. .... ")
> >
> > I have added a jenkins build
> > (https://builds.apache.org/job/Sqoop-jdk-1.6/ ) (hehe @abayer I
> > couldn't resist to do it before you :P )
> > I will add a sonar analysis too.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --
> > Olivier Lamy