sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Arvind Prabhakar <arv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] RTC / CTR
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 19:03:34 GMT
On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Ahmed Radwan <ahmed@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks Arvind,
>
> I prefer RTC with timeout. If we decide on timeout, what is the suitable
> timeout period and how can we manage it for different patches (some patches
> may require more time than others for review)? Is the timeout measured from
> review submission or from last activity on the review? Any ideas?

Good point Ahmed. I don't think there is any one scheme that will
address all such concerns. Given that someone may view a change as
trivial but it may be very complex for someone else, I think that the
idea of a set timeout will not be fair in all cases.

Another option to consider is to be like Hive project, where a
committer's patch must be +1'd by another committer who actually
commits it. For patches coming from non-committers, any committer who
reviews it can commit it.

Thanks,
Arvind