sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Arvind Prabhakar <arv...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] RTC / CTR
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:59:55 GMT
Hi All,

We are starting to see some traction in JIRA and patch activity. I
believe now is a good time for us to put a formal policy in place that
guides the overall review and commit process. Different projects have
adopted different ways of addressing this, but at a high level there
are two - Review-Then-Commit (RTC) style, and Commit-Then-Review
(CTR).

Lets discuss this to bring out various point of views and then do a
formal vote on the candidate policy that is acceptable to the
majority.

My thoughts: I prefer RTC with timeout provisions. Specifically, I
feel that every change must get reviewed and if the reviewers do not
respond within a certain time, the change can be committed.

Please share your thoughts, comments and concerns on this.

Thanks,
Arvind