sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] RTC / CTR
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 09:58:58 GMT
OK, I see you have a lot of initial committers so the RTC can work
fine, I suppose at least. IMHO you can go like this:

We should not put a global timeout, when someone is picking up the
patch to be reviewed whether from committers or non-committers, the
reviewer SHOULD do the following:

1- The JIRA task related to that patch is RESOLVED and then go to step (2).
2- The committer or non-committer sends an e-mail to sqoop-dev@ asking
for review and the subject of the e-mail MUST be tagged with [REVIEW]
prefix.
2- Whoever picks the patch first, replies back to the e-mail with the
estimated time he/she has, which is a factor you both dropped :D, to
review and then commit the patch.
  2.1- If OK, then the patch is committed, JIRA is CLOSED, then go to step (3)
  2.2- If not OK, then re-open the JIRA task and write your comments
and then go to step (3)
3- Send a reply to the [REVIEW] thread
  3.1- If patch was OK, send e-mail stating that.
  3.2- If patch was not OK, send an e-mail with some detail about
where to find the comments, which should be commented on the JIRA
task, and hence the cycle is started from the beginning.

*NOTE*: We can have a FishEye setup from Atlassian for better code
review and managing review requests as well. If that OK I can start
the request for Sqoop repository.

Thoughts :) ?

--
Thanks