sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sqoop bulkcopy support for SQL Server
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 05:52:37 GMT
Hi Thomas,
thank you very much for your idea!

I'm not sure that it will be easy as most Hadoop clusters are running on linux and I'm not
sure that Microsoft is shipping linux version of this utility. However I would suggest you
to open an JIRA ticket on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP and we will see what
we can do :-)

Jarcec

On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 04:13:43AM +0000, Shibu Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
> We are currently doing a POC on a ETL scenario using Sqoop and SQL Server
> We are dumping around 230 million records from HDFS to a SQL Server 2008 R2 DB and the
entire process is slow.

> I wish to know if you are planning to extend sqoop with bcp utility support or something
similar to mysqlimport utility for MySQL.