sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Moving source control from svn to git
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 19:18:17 GMT
Couple of other projects that I'm involved in are considering to move from SVN to GIT (namely
flume and mrunit). As I'm big fan of GIT I wanted to ask, would you be also interested in
such move?

I just would like to clarify something to avoid unnecessary confusion. I do know that Apache
do have git mirrors of svn repositories. However those mirrors are having it's issues - the
might get out of sync and you have to commit your changes to the SVN anyway. What I'm asking
in this email to switch the "main" repository directly to git and stop using svn entirely.

Jarcec