sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Release planning
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 12:34:42 GMT
Sqoop users,
It has been five months since the last release of the project and there has been steady activity
on the codebase with about 48 issues resolved [1]. Some of them are important bug fixes -
for example fixes to allow Oracle and Microsoft connector to work properly on 1.4 branch.
Others are adding new functionality - for example incremental support for free form queries.
It will therefore be appropriate to do a maintenance release (1.4.2) of the project for the
benefit of our community.

To that effect Sqoop PMC has decided to do a slight change from the usual release process:

Instead of having one of the committers run the release, it will be great to have the committer
be a release mentor and have someone from the community volunteer to be the release manager.
This will be a great way for enthusiastic contributor to make a difference for the project
and learn more about the workings of Apache Sqoop and Apache Software Foundation in general.

I've volunteered to become the release mentor. I can offer my experience from last release
(1.4.1) where I was release manager. I'm looking for enthusiastic contributor that would like
to become release manager. Please respond to this email if you're interested.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case that you have any questions.

Jarcec

[1] http://s.apache.org/xbr