sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Sqoop 2 first cut
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 01:17:21 GMT
Hi Sqoop fellow developers,
it seems that basic import and export functionality in Sqoop 2 will be very soon covered.
Having said that I would like to propose doing "first cut" release of Sqoop 2. My motivation
to provide early bits is to get feedback from actual users as soon as possible, so that we
can incorporate good ideas before it will become too expensive.

As we've discussed in the past [1] -  I would like to propose version number 1.99.1. I believe
that this version number implies that it's very far from current stable 1.4 version and very
very near to 2.0, but it's not 2.0 yet. I would also like to volunteer to be the release manager
for this first cut of Sqoop 2 branch.

I'm happy to hear other's thoughts!

Jarcec

Links: