sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wget.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Sqoop 2 first cut
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 14:43:38 GMT
Hi,

great.
Why not not use a 2.0.0.alpha version or something like that? The could be 2.1.x the first
stable release. 1.99 could cause some irritation in future dialogs (1.xx vs. 2.xx).

Thanks,
 Alex

On Dec 2, 2012, at 2:17 AM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jarcec@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Sqoop fellow developers,
> it seems that basic import and export functionality in Sqoop 2 will be very soon covered.
Having said that I would like to propose doing "first cut" release of Sqoop 2. My motivation
to provide early bits is to get feedback from actual users as soon as possible, so that we
can incorporate good ideas before it will become too expensive.

> As we've discussed in the past [1] -  I would like to propose version number 1.99.1.
I believe that this version number implies that it's very far from current stable 1.4 version
and very very near to 2.0, but it's not 2.0 yet. I would also like to volunteer to be the
release manager for this first cut of Sqoop 2 branch.

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com