sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Release planning for 1.4.3
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 03:18:53 GMT
Sqoop developer community,
It has been several months since our last release and there has been steady activity on the
codebase with about 68 issues resolved [1]. Some of them are usual bugfixes, but we also added
major new functionality. For example we added support for stored procedures in export tool,
upsert functionality into MySQL connector and/or schema support for Microsoft SQL Server and
PostgreSQL. It will therefore be appropriate time to do a maintenance release of the project
with version number 1.4.3.

To that effect Sqoop PMC has decided to keep the slight change from the usual release process
that was introduced during last release. Instead of having one of the committers running the
release, I've stepped out as a release mentor that will guide someone from the community that
will volunteer to become the release manager.

This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic contributor to make a difference for the project
and learn more about the workings of Apache Sqoop and Apache Software Foundation in general.
Please do not hesitate and respond to this email if you're interested!

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://s.apache.org/ARW