sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Venkatesan Ranganathan <n....@live.com>
Subject RE: Release planning for 1.4.3
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 03:45:08 GMT
Since Hari is interested in doing this with prior experience in doing this, i think he is a
better qualified candidate
Thanks
Venkat

> From: n.r.v@live.com
> Subject: RE: Release planning for 1.4.3
> Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 19:35:26 -0800
> To: dev@sqoop.apache.org
>
> Jarcec
>
> I can volunteer to take this with guidance from you and others
>
> Venkat
> ________________________________

on the codebase with about 68 issues resolved [1]. Some of them are usual bugfixes, but we
also added major new functionality. For example we added support for stored procedures in
export tool, upsert functionality into MySQL connector and/or schema support for Microsoft
SQL Server and PostgreSQL. It will therefore be appropriate time to do a maintenance release
of the project with version number 1.4.3.

> To that effect Sqoop PMC has decided to keep the slight change from the usual release
process that was introduced during last release. Instead of having one of the committers running
the release, I've stepped out as a release mentor that will guide someone from the community
that will volunteer to become the release manager.

> This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic contributor to make a difference for the
project and learn more about the workings of Apache Sqoop and Apache Software Foundation in
general. Please do not hesitate and respond to this email if you're interested!