sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Sqoop version 1.4.3 (rc0)
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 19:05:30 GMT
Thank you for noticing this Abhijeet, we definitely do want to create Hadoop 2.0.0 compatible
artifact. I've checked the "How to release" wiki page and we actually missed this there, so
I've fixed that.

I'm afraid that we can't simply add new tarball and continue in the vote. Hari, would you
mind restarting the vote?

I've also took a look on the artifacts and they seems fine to me. I've run tests and checked
license files and other top level files.

Jarcec

On Fri, Mar 01, 2013 at 03:17:16PM +0530, abhijeet gaikwad wrote:
> Hi Hari,
> One query: Aren't we releasing hadoop-2.0.0-alpha related binaries of
> Sqoop?  See 1.4.2 artifacts: http://www.apache.org/dist/sqoop/1.4.2/.
>
> My apologies if I have ignored any of the related discussions. But things
> don't seem to be in sync somewhere - I quickly checked build.xml in source
> artifact, it still supports packaging sqoop-x_hadoop-2.0.0-alpha.
> Let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Abhijeet
>
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Cheolsoo Park <cheolsoo@cloudera.com>wrote:
>
> > +1.
> >
> > Downloaded and compiled the source tarball, and ran unit test. Verified the
> > checksum.
> >
> > Thank you Hari for the hard work!
> >

> > On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jarcec@apache.org
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Hari,
> > > thank you very much for driving the release, I'll take a look tomorrow.
> > >
> > > Jarcec

> > > Sqoop PMC). I'd like to close the vote tomorrow.

> > > vranganathan@hortonworks.com (mailto:vranganathan@hortonworks.com)>

Top