sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wget.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion for Sqoop 2 1.99.2 release
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 07:18:19 GMT
+1

On Mar 29, 2013, at 9:37 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jarcec@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Sqoop developers,
> It has been 3 months since first release from Sqoop2 branch under version 1.99.1. Since
then there has been steady activity in the development counting 75 closed JIRAs [1] with additional
9 soon to be resolved [2]. There is countless bug fixes and several new features including
but not limited to adding scheme support in Generic JDBC Connector, brand new client API or
adding splitter for numeric/decimal type that is essentially must have for imports from Oracle.

> That being said I would like to propose doing a new release in the 1.99 line named 1.99.2.
Sqoop PMC has agreed to follow the same model that was in place for couple of previous releases
where one committer will step up as a Mentor and will guide community volunteer to do the
release. I've step up to be the mentor.

> During last release we had two community volunteers and sadly only one got the chance
to drive the release. Having said that I think that it would be fair to give the opportunity
to the other volunteer prior offering this option to the broader community.

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com