sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Kathleen Ting <kathl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Suggestion for Sqoop 2 1.99.2 release
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 21:55:56 GMT
+1

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Will McQueen <will@cloudera.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> On Apr 1, 2013, at 11:22 AM, Hari Shreedharan <hshreedharan@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jarcec,
>>
>> Sounds great! I think that this is a good time for an incremental release for the
Sqoop 2 branch with the number of issues fixed.

>> +1 for community RM.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Hari
>>
>> --
>> Hari Shreedharan
>>

>> On Friday, March 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sqoop developers,
>>> It has been 3 months since first release from Sqoop2 branch under version 1.99.1.
Since then there has been steady activity in the development counting 75 closed JIRAs [1]
with additional 9 soon to be resolved [2]. There is countless bug fixes and several new features
including but not limited to adding scheme support in Generic JDBC Connector, brand new client
API or adding splitter for numeric/decimal type that is essentially must have for imports
from Oracle.

>>> That being said I would like to propose doing a new release in the 1.99 line
named 1.99.2. Sqoop PMC has agreed to follow the same model that was in place for couple of
previous releases where one committer will step up as a Mentor and will guide community volunteer
to do the release. I've step up to be the mentor.

>>> During last release we had two community volunteers and sadly only one got the
chance to drive the release. Having said that I think that it would be fair to give the opportunity
to the other volunteer prior offering this option to the broader community.