sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Subversion and Git integration with JIRA tickets
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 08:36:16 GMT
Hi Jarcec,

Hudson comments on the jira with a link to the git commit anyway when the build gets done.
IMO, it pretty much accomplishes the same thing (though of course, if a build is delayed or
does not get done, that comment would not exist). But I don't see the point of an additional
comment (other than jira e-mails).

That said, I am not against it. So I am a +0 for this.

Cheers,
Hari

On Friday, May 24, 2013 at 1:16 AM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:

> Hi Sqoop developers,
> I like when it's easy to navigate from JIRA to corresponding GIT commit, so I've started
putting link to GIT Web UI for every JIRA that I commit and close. To my surprise ASF is offering
similar service [1], so I'm wondering whether it would make sense to take advantage of this
service for entire Sqoop project.

> But before any next action, I'm curious how is the link perceived. Do you feel that having
link from JIRA to Git UI is helpful or do you perceived it more as unnecessary spam?