sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release planning for 1.4.4
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2013 15:24:28 GMT
It seems that Sqoop development community have an agreement that it's good time to do 1.4.4
release. This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic contributor to make a difference for
the project and learn more about the workings of Apache Sqoop and Apache Software Foundation
in general. Please do not hesitate and respond to this email if you're interested!

Jarcec

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 05:52:24PM -0700, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:
> Sqoop developer community,
> It has been three months since our last Sqoop 1 release version 1.4.3 and there has been
steady activity on the codebase with about 49 issues resolved [1]. Some of them are usual
bugfixes, but we also added major new functionality. For example we added Netezza Connector
and HCatalog integration. It will therefore be appropriate time to do a maintenance release
of the project with version number 1.4.4.

> To that effect Sqoop PMC has decided to keep the slight change from the usual release
process that was introduced couple of releases back. Instead of having one of the committers
driving the release, I've stepped out as a release mentor that will guide someone from the
community that will volunteer to become the release manager.