sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Release planning for 1.4.4
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 02:48:19 GMT
+1 for Sqoop 1.4.4. It has been a while since the last release and we should push out a new
one!

+1 for community release manager (I would call this the usual release process now, which is
awesome! :) )

Cheers,
Hari

On Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:

> Sqoop developer community,
> It has been three months since our last Sqoop 1 release version 1.4.3 and there has been
steady activity on the codebase with about 49 issues resolved [1]. Some of them are usual
bugfixes, but we also added major new functionality. For example we added Netezza Connector
and HCatalog integration. It will therefore be appropriate time to do a maintenance release
of the project with version number 1.4.4.

> To that effect Sqoop PMC has decided to keep the slight change from the usual release
process that was introduced couple of releases back. Instead of having one of the committers
driving the release, I've stepped out as a release mentor that will guide someone from the
community that will volunteer to become the release manager.

> This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic contributor to make a difference for the
project and learn more about the workings of Apache Sqoop and Apache Software Foundation in
general. Please do not hesitate and respond to this email if you're interested!