sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Pre commit hooks for Sqoop project
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 20:50:19 GMT
Dear Sqoop developers,
in SQOOP-1082, we've started working on PreCommit hooks for Sqoop that will automatically
apply and test each submitted patch. This will for example allow us to run tests on reference
architecture (Jenkins slaves) before committing the change! I would like to mention that this
work has been finalized. Every 10 minutes all opened Sqoop issues in state "Patch Available"
will be scanned for new attachments and subsequently special Jenkins job will test them out
updating the JIRA with the results. You can take a look on example report on SQOOP-997 [1].

In order for the PreCommit hook to test your patch it needs to be named in form (bug)SQOOP-$number.$suffix,
where $number stands for the JIRA number and $suffix can be one of "patch", "txt" or "patch.txt".
You can also version the patches by appending dash or dot after the JIRA number followed by
sequence number. You can take a look on used regular expression in [2]. Couple of valid examples
for JIRA SQOOP-666:

* bugSQOOP-666.patch
* SQOOP-666.txt
* bugSQOOP-666-1.patch