sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sqoop User Meetup in October during Hadoop World 2013
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2013 17:31:43 GMT
Hi Sqoop users and developers,
the meetup will be held at Hotel Hilton (same hotel as for the conference itself) on Monday
2013-10-28 from 18:30:

 1335 Avenue of the Americas , New York, NY

I've updated the meeting details to reflect the changes:

  http://www.meetup.com/Sqoop-User-Meetup/events/129236352/

We're currently looking for couple of speakers that would share Sqoop use cases, tips&tricks,
implementation details or any funny stories about Sqoop. If you have 15-20 minutes long talk
on your mind, please do not hesitate and contact me directly!

Thank you Cloudera for graciously sponsoring the space, food and beverages for the event!

Jarcec

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 08:55:09AM -0700, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:
> Hi Sqoop users and developers,
> I would like to organize Sqoop user meetup during Hadoop World 2013, where most of the
hadoop positive folks will be in New York. For this purpose I've created a meetup on our meetup.com
profile:

> http://www.meetup.com/Sqoop-User-Meetup/events/129236352/
>
> The conference itself is happening on October 28-30, so we should preferably meet either
on 28 or 29th on late afternoon. To that extend I was wondering if there is a user, developer
or company in New York that would be so kind and offer space that we can use for the meetup?
Considering our last meetups, conference room for approximately 15 people should be more then
enough.

> I would propose to start the meetup with couple of short presentations (roughly 20 minutes
each) about various Sqoop topics or use cases followed by socializing. If you have any topic
that you would like to present, do let me know!