sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Software grant for OraOop was [VOTE] Include High Performance Oracle Connector in Sqoop
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2014 17:28:41 GMT
> I am unsure why a vote is required for a code contribution - really
> just having it attached to a jira, and a committer pushing it should be
> enough. Either way, a big +1!

That is an excellent point Hari, thank you for raising it! Considering that OraOop has been
released several times by Quest and later by Dell, I do not believe that David owns the rights.
And as a result I don't think that he can simply submit the connector as a patch on JIRA and
grant us required rights. It seems that much better way is for Dell to submit a Software Grant
[1] first, ensuring that we have the legal part covered.

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 09:21:13PM -0800, Venkat Ranganathan wrote:
> +1
>
> Thanks
> Venkat
>

> On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Abhijeet Gaikwad <abygaikwad17@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Abhijeet
> >

> > On 1/24/2014 6:18 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:
> >
> >> +1!
> >>
> >> Jarcec

I will be