sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Software grant for OraOop Oracle Connector in Sqoop
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 16:14:09 GMT
Hi David,
it seems that there were no objections with using the software grant to contribute the OraOop.
Would you mind following up with your employer to fill and submit the agreement? The procedure
is documented at [1].

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://www.apache.org/licenses/#grants

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 09:28:41AM -0800, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:
> > I am unsure why a vote is required for a code contribution - really
> > just having it attached to a jira, and a committer pushing it should be
> > enough. Either way, a big +1!
>
> That is an excellent point Hari, thank you for raising it! Considering that OraOop has
been released several times by Quest and later by Dell, I do not believe that David owns the
rights. And as a result I don't think that he can simply submit the connector as a patch on
JIRA and grant us required rights. It seems that much better way is for Dell to submit a Software
Grant [1] first, ensuring that we have the legal part covered.