sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sqoop Import Using Java Code
Date Sun, 04 May 2014 17:09:25 GMT
Hi Nauman,
Sqoop 1 do not have supported Java API and hence there might be a lot of troubles on the way
that you will have to sort out. We've addressed this in Sqoop 2 where we have first class
client API [1].

Having said that, you can get execute Sqoop and get it's classpath to see what all jars you
will need.

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.99.3/ClientAPI.html

On Fri, May 02, 2014 at 03:01:51PM +0000, Ajay Chitre -X (achitre - PERSISTENT SYSTEMS INC
at Cisco) wrote:
> If you're using Maven use a dependency such as this:
>
> <dependency>
> 	<groupId>org.apache.sqoop</groupId>
> 	<artifactId>sqoop</artifactId>
> 	<version>1.4.4</version>
> </dependency>
>

> If you're not using Maven, consider using it.  It will help you tremendously in the long
run.  Hope this helps.  Thanks.

in my class path. I have tried a number of combination but in the end I end up in a conflict.