sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From David Robson <David.Rob...@software.dell.com>
Subject Sqoop documentation
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 04:26:34 GMT
Hi,

I am having a look at how we could integrate the OraOop documentation into Sqoop. Currently
it is a Flare project which we generate a PDF from - obviously this doesn't really fit in
with the current Sqoop documentation.

So currently it looks like it is written in asciidoc and converted into docbook, then into
html. We could create an asciidoc file related to OraOop - the problem is I'm not sure how
well this would fit in to the current documentation - it is already one long page and we would
probably be adding another 20-30 pages worth of content in.

You also have a Confluence wiki - we could create a page (or pages) there with information.

What sort of requirements are there for documentation - has someone got some ideas of how
they would like to see the current OraOop documentation integrated in? https://github.com/QuestSoftwareTCD/OracleSQOOPconnector/blob/master/docs/oraoopuserguide.pdf?raw=true

Thanks,

David