sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin, Nick" <NiMar...@pssd.com>
Subject RE: Let's do 1.4.5 release?
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 15:27:37 GMT
Sure, I’m game for guinea pigging.

I'll start tinkering with the move from ext-to-int and take notes/test along the way.

Is there a specific  open JIRA you want me to post comments/results/something blew up notes
to?

-----Original Message-----
From: Gwen Shapira [mailto:gshapira@cloudera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 11:08 AM
To: dev@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Let's do 1.4.5 release?

Hi Martin,

Since it sounds like you already use Oraoop, mind being a guina pig on the process for moving
from external Oraoop to built-in Oraoop?

I suspect the process will be:
1. Install new Sqoop
2. Remove old Oraoop jar
3. Remove manager configuration file

But it has to be tested before we can add this to the docs / release notes.
Also, if you can document "How to tell if you are using an external Oraoop by accident" it
will be super awesome :)

Happy Hacking,

Gwen