sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Kathleen Ting <kathl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let's do 1.4.5 release?
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 14:01:24 GMT
+1 on doing a 1.4.5 release
+1 on Abe as release manager

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 12:10 AM, Venkat Ranganathan
<vranganathan@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> +1.   I would like to get couple of patches in.   Will rebase and get
> the patch for review in the next few days.
>
> Thanks
>
> Venkat
>
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 8:20 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jarcec@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi Martin,
>> I'm excited to see you interest in helping out with OraOop integration. The documentation
work is covered by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-1344 and we should definitely
incorporate that before cutting a release. I would suggest you to follow up on that JIRA asking
what you can help with :-) I'm sure that there will be ton of opportunities!

>> Jarcec
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 02, 2014 at 01:38:32AM +0000, Martin, Nick wrote:
>>> Housekeeping-wise...hoping the new release will have ample documentation around
the OraOop piece. That in the works?

>>> I'm happy to volunteer for any low hanging fruit around documentation cleanup
and/or kicking the tires in a heavy Oracle enviro. Just let me know if there's any of that
kind of thing I can tackle to free up folks for heavy lifting.

>>> Excited! We've been patiently waiting for this and thanks to the community for
all the hard work. Great stuff...