sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From shakun grover <s28sw...@gmail.com>
Subject Sqoop2:Duplicate Column Name in Multiple Tables Import
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 11:16:24 GMT
Hi All,

I want to import multiple tables' data to HDFS. But while doing this, if
same column name is there in more than one table. It gives me exception
while starting the job.

*Job:*
Name: testMultipleTables

Database configuration

Schema name:
Table name:
Table SQL statement: select tbl1.name , tbl1.description, tbl1.id,
tbl2.class, tbl2.id from test.table_1 as tbl1, test.table_2 as tbl2 WHERE
${CONDITIONS}
Table column names:
Partition column name: tbl1.id
Nulls in partition column:
Boundary query:

Output configuration

Storage type:
  0 : HDFS
Choose: 0
Output format:
  0 : TEXT_FILE
  1 : SEQUENCE_FILE
Choose: 0
Output directory: /tmp/multitables/3

*Exception while starting the job on the console:*
Exception has occurred during processing command
Server has returned exception: Exception: java.lang.Throwable Message:
GENERIC_JDBC_CONNECTOR_0002:Unable to execute the SQL statement

*Exception in the logs:*

Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException:
Duplicate column name 'id'

Could you please tell me a solution for this?
--
Thanks & Regards,
Shakun Grover