sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: code-style in sqoop.
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 02:22:48 GMT
I believe that we currently do not particularly care about the import order - e.g. it can be
arbitrary. However at the same time we do care about keeping patches focused on given functionality
and we’re discouraging unnecessary changes such as reordering the import statements. This
means that one can put new import statement pretty much anywhere as long as the existing import
statements won’t be moved.

I’ve opened question of applying the new code policies to existing files in the original
email thread, so let’s perhaps continue the discussion there to have one thread with entire
discussion?

Jarcec