sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From "Benes, Pavel" <pavel.be...@merck.com>
Subject RE: Sqoop import fails with "Imported Failed: Can not create a Path from an empty string"
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 20:49:42 GMT
Hi Abraham,

I am running it from oozie, this is my workflow.xml

<workflow-app xmlns="uri:oozie:workflow:0.4" name="${jobName}">
  <credentials>
    <credential name="auth" type="hcat">
      <property>
        <name>hcat.metastore.uri</name>
        <value>thrift://ip-54-40-222-251.huronc.merck.com:9083/</value>
      </property>
      <property>
        <name>hcat.metastore.principal</name>
        <value>hive/_HOST@HURONC.MERCK.COM</value>
      </property>
      <property>
        <name>hive.metastore.sasl.enabled</name>
        <value>true</value>
      </property>
    </credential>
  </credentials>
  <start to="sqoop0"/>
  <action cred="auth" name="sqoop0">
    <sqoop xmlns="uri:oozie:sqoop-action:0.2">
      <job-tracker>${jobTracker}</job-tracker>
      <name-node>${nameNode}</name-node>
      <job-xml>hive-site.xml</job-xml>
      <arg>import</arg>
      <arg>--connect</arg>
      <arg>jdbc:postgresql://54.40.29.151:5432/test_user_middlegate_dev_gerrit_build_232</arg>
      <arg>--username</arg>
      <arg>middlegate</arg>
      <arg>--password-file</arg>
      <arg>${nameNode}${wf:appPath()}/.passwords/password</arg>
      <arg>--table</arg>
      <arg>cars</arg>
      <arg>--hcatalog-database</arg>
      <arg>${hive_output_100_cars_database}</arg>
      <arg>--hcatalog-table</arg>
      <arg>${hive_output_100_cars_table}</arg>
      <arg>--hive-partition-key</arg>
      <arg>mg_version</arg>
      <arg>--hive-partition-value</arg>
      <arg>${hive_output_100_cars_dated_partition_value_mg_version}</arg>
      <arg>-m</arg>
      <arg>1</arg>
      <arg>--verbose</arg>
      <arg>--driver</arg>
      <arg>org.postgresql.Driver</arg>
    </sqoop>
    <ok to="end"/>
    <error to="kill"/>
  </action>
  <kill name="kill">
    <message>Action failed, error message[${wf:errorMessage(wf:lastErrorNode())}]</message>
  </kill>
  <end name="end"/>
</workflow-app>

I am also attaching the log file.

The working workaround is to add the property 'tmpjars' into workflow.xml pointing to some
existing jar file.

Thanks,

Pavel