sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Suraj Nayak <snay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sqoop Netezza Import with Direct options trying to create exteral table in Netezza
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 20:51:55 GMT
Thanks Venkat,

Two more questions(As am totally not aware of the internals, am interested
to know the process):

   - Just wanted to reconfirm, If the table in netezza is not created as
   external table, then can't we use --direct option? Will sqoop try to create
   a replica of table as external table for transferring data in direct mode?
   - This external table, which is created by sqoop on --direct option, is
   used only to store meta information or all the table data is copied into
   external table?

As my user id don't have write access am using non direct mode to import
data now. No issues in getting the data into HDFS from Netezza in this case.

Thanks!

--
Thanks
Suraj Nayak M