sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Abraham Fine <abef...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: 2015-10-21 Sqoop contributor meetup notes
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 17:54:48 GMT
It looks like we already have an irc channel: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP/IRC+Channel
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP/IRC+Channel>

I am going to start hanging out there, please stop by and say hi!

Abe

> On Oct 22, 2015, at 7:21 AM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jarcec@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
> thank you very much for joining the contributor yesterday. I’ve enjoyed the opportunity
to see you all again! We’ve talked about few interesting topics, so let me provide quick
summary of those worth persisting and bringing to the community at large.

> * Sqoop releases - both Sqoop 1 and 2 were lastly released in May and we’ve gathered
quite a good chunk of fixes and changes, so it might be a good opportunity to do a new release(s).

> * We’ve talked about the contributor meetups and whether it would be useful to do more
of them - there was general agreement in the room, so I’ll take action item to call the
meetup again.

> * We’ve also talked about more “focused” meetup and perhaps do a Sqoop “hackathon”
- take a half a day and simply hack on Sqoop with committers in the same room. Would there
be interest in doing something like that?

> * Last but not least, we’ve briefly touched if it would make sense to also start using
more “IM” software as a communication channel - like slack, IRC or HipChat. Any thoughts?