sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Rohan More <rohanmore2...@gmail.com>
Subject SQOOP-2878 : Sqoop import into Hive transactional tables
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 08:32:56 GMT
Hi,

We have made chages for sqoop import into Hive transactional tables.

The approach used is as follows:

1. For transactional support, the hive table should be bucketed and should
be in ORC format. So we modified the create table statement to create hive
bucketed orc table.

2. As the table is in ORC format, we can't load data directly into it, so
we used temporary text table as follows:

     a. First created a temporary text table and loaded data into it using
"LOAD DATA INPATH..." command.

     b. Loaded data from this temporary text table into ORC table using
"Insert into table <orc_table_name> select * from <txt_table_name>". After
this deleted the temporary text              table.

Please let us know your views on this.

Thanks,
Rohan More