sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Attila Szabo <asz...@cloudera.com>
Subject Proposed changes for ClassWriter (in connection with SQOOP-2920)
Date Mon, 09 May 2016 07:20:25 GMT
Dear community,

Last week when I've seen SQOOP-2920 made me concerned about the ORM classes
what we currently generate in Sqoop1. I've made my own measurements and
I've become quite certain that in case of wide tables the big if statements
could seriously degrade the performance, and we could provide a much faster
solution instead without causing a breaking change.

I've uploaded my proposed solution here:

https://reviews.apache.org/r/47108/diff/1#index_header

I kindly ask you to review it, and please share your thoughts, ideas and
concerns with me!

Have a nice day!
Maugli

--