sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From shakun grover <s28sw...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Sqoop2 Multi Tables Import Job Issue
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 11:26:26 GMT
Hi All,

I am facing some issues in the multi table import job. When I run Sqoop2
Import Job having more than 1 table,for databases Oracle and Postgres, it
does not bring any results.Whereas for the same tables in Mysql,it works
fine and the records are imported to HDFS.

*For Oracle DB:*
if we use below query while creating the job:

select EMP.ENAME,EMP1.FIRST_NAME from EMP,EMP1

then the query that is executed in Sqoop2 is:

*select EMP.ENAME,EMP1.FIRST_NAME from EMP,EMP1 where EMP.ENAME IS NULL*

which means that it is replacing *$CONDITIONS with *"*EMP.ENAME IS NULL"
 and hence not returning any results.*

*For Postgresql:*

the query executed in Sqoop logs is as below which is not fulfilling the
postgres sql query criteria:
select dg.testing.newdata.telephone,dg.testing.testdata.phone from
dg.testing.newdata,dg.testing.testdata where 9012345678 <= telephone AND
telephone <= 9876543210

Postgres requires the schemaname+tablename with the column name in the
partition column to work fine.(it requires query as :::  select
dg.testing.newdata.telephone,dg.testing.testdata.phone from
dg.testing.newdata,dg.testing.testdata where 9012345678 <=
testing.newdata.telephone AND testing.newdata.telephone <= 9876543210)
but on appending the schemaname+tablebname with the column name, the job
fails with the message as it doesnot require schemaname +tablename with
columnname

Could you please help me with this?

 --
Thanks & Regards,