sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From jar...@apache.org
Subject Re: Including SQLServer Manual tests into 3rd party test suite
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2017 15:17:48 GMT
That is a good question Bogi!

I’m not sure if anyone is running all the third party tests at the moment as I’m not closely
monitoring the community any more. Historically I’ve always added new DB to the third party
test suite to make sure that they will actually run or by failing fast will tell the dev who
is running them there there is a new piece of integration that needs additional testing.

It seems that nobody in the past 4 days jumped in saying that it’s a concern, so I would
recommend going ahead and adding the MS SQL tests to 3rd party test suite. Since it’s a
test code and not any production deliverable, we can always iterate if that will turn out
to be a problem in the future.

Jarcec