sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Boglarka Egyed <b...@cloudera.com>
Subject Including SQLServer Manual tests into 3rd party test suite
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2017 15:19:26 GMT
Hi All,

I would like to start a discussion about including the SQLServer Manual
tests to the 3rd party test suite. I think this would bring a huge
improvement as these tests are currently executed very rarely or even never
(as several test cases are failing, DB connection string and credentials
are hard coded in the code, etc.) and not bringing too much value. Adding
them to the 3rd party test suite would help to keep Sqoop more robust as
these could be executed in case of any related code change easily.

However, this would mean that every contributor who wants to run 3rd party
tests on their machine should have an SQLServer instance to avoid having
bothering failures. Having such instances installed manually for MySQL,
Postgres, Oracle and Cubrid is already required for running this test
suite. Since Sqoop also supports SQLServer and DB2 I would say that it
would be reasonable to create such requirements for having these SQL server
instances too in order to execute an extended 3rd part test suite.

Please share your thoughts on this topic, every input is welcome.

Thanks,
Bogi

P.s.: Running 3rd party test on the CI making them fully automated is
another question raised in another email thread on dev@