sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Anna Szonyi <szo...@cloudera.com>
Subject Running 3rd party test on the CI
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2017 11:50:04 GMT
Hi All,

We started a discussion about running thirdparty integration tests in our
CI on separate threads (another e-mail chain and a review), and I thought
it might make sense to bring these threads together.

We were discussing the best way of running the thirdparty tests on the
apache CI, as we think it would be very beneficial.

We were floating around the idea of trying to get resources (mysql, cubrid,
etc.) "donated", if that's possible (as far as I understand that's more or
less how Kudu deals with the same issue).

Attila proposed to investigate using docker images.

I would like to bring this up on the dev list - in case anyone has any
experience with this (using external resources from apache CIs), or anyone
has any concerns/negative experiences.

Please chime in here if you have any ideas/workable solutions for this or
any objections.

Thanks,
Anna