sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Anna Szonyi <szo...@cloudera.com>
Subject Creating feature branches
Date Fri, 12 May 2017 09:58:26 GMT
Hi @devs,

We would like to start the preparation for upgrading to hive 2 (upgrade
version, migrate off of hive cli and onto beeline, etc.).
As we anticipate there being a few patches we were thinking it would make
sense to create a feature branch (sqoop_hive2) for this, as we do not want
trunk to become unstable or introduce "breaking changes" before the
proposed 1.4.7 release.

Does anyone have any concerns about this?

And in general do we have a policy about feature branches for sqoop (like a
sqoop_kerberos branch, etc.)?

Thanks,
Anna