sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Szabolcs Vasas <va...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: SQOOP 1.4.7 Release by end of June
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 14:11:52 GMT
Hi Attila,

Thank you for creating the branch, I have just one comment.
It turned out that some third party tests were failing on trunk branch so I
submitted 2 patches (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-3194 ,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-3198) which were committed
today. Shall we include these changes in the release too?

Regards,
Szabolcs

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 9:18 AM, Attila Szabó <maugli@apache.org> wrote:

> Dear community,
>
> First of all many thanks for the valuable feedbacks. As agreed the
> releasing process had been started.
>
> We do have an umbrella JIRA for this:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-3199
>
> All feedbacks, comments more than welcome here.
>
> A short status:
> As you can see sanitize, branching, changelog, doc+version updates is
> already done.
>
> To finalize the scope of 1.4.7 I'd like to kindly ask all of you to check
> the CHANGELOG.txt (release notes) and check if every JIRA ticket is there
> what is vital on your side for 1.4.7.
>
> According to the current plans/status:
> all of the issues which are not fixed (TODO, in progress) right now, and
> connected to 1.4.7 (please check
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SQOOP/versions/12329683 for
> details) are meant to move to 1.5.0 unless there is any specific reason to
> include in 1.4.7 and thus changing the scope/delaying the process.
>
> The content of 1.4.7 branch should be changed only in sync with the
> umbrella JIRA, and all new commits on the trunk from now is considered as
> part of 1.5.0.
>
> In case of any questions, suggestions, change requests please use this mail
> thread or the umbrella JIRA.
>
> I'll keep you updated with the progress of the release.
>
> Best regards,
> Attila
>

> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Boglarka Egyed <bogi@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Attila,
> >
> > +1 to the idea and many thanks for driving this!
> >
> > I don't have any specific requirement or concern so feel free to proceed
> > with the proposed timeline.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bogi
> >
> > On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 4:51 AM, Ying Cao <angela.caoying@gmail.com>