sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Attila Szabó <mau...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SQOOP 1.4.7 Release by end of June
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 14:18:07 GMT
Hey Szabi,

Thanks for the reach out!

I've already seen emails about those commits, and I plan to cherry pick
them to the 1.4.6 release branch this evening.

Until:
Could you please add a comment about these changes on the umbrella JIRA?
(you could also open a subtask wit links if that's easier on your side).

The rest I'll handle.

Many thanks in advance,

Attila

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 4:11 PM, Szabolcs Vasas <vasas@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Hi Attila,
>
> Thank you for creating the branch, I have just one comment.
> It turned out that some third party tests were failing on trunk branch so I
> submitted 2 patches (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-3194 ,
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-3198) which were committed
> today. Shall we include these changes in the release too?
>
> Regards,
> Szabolcs
>
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 9:18 AM, Attila Szabó <maugli@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Dear community,
> >
> > First of all many thanks for the valuable feedbacks. As agreed the
> > releasing process had been started.
> >
> > We do have an umbrella JIRA for this:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-3199
> >
> > All feedbacks, comments more than welcome here.
> >
> > A short status:
> > As you can see sanitize, branching, changelog, doc+version updates is
> > already done.
> >
> > To finalize the scope of 1.4.7 I'd like to kindly ask all of you to check
> > the CHANGELOG.txt (release notes) and check if every JIRA ticket is there
> > what is vital on your side for 1.4.7.
> >
> > According to the current plans/status:
> > all of the issues which are not fixed (TODO, in progress) right now, and
> > connected to 1.4.7 (please check
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SQOOP/versions/12329683 for
> > details) are meant to move to 1.5.0 unless there is any specific reason
> > include in 1.4.7 and thus changing the scope/delaying the process.
> >
> > The content of 1.4.7 branch should be changed only in sync with the
> > umbrella JIRA, and all new commits on the trunk from now is considered as
> > part of 1.5.0.
> >
> > In case of any questions, suggestions, change requests please use this
> mail
> > thread or the umbrella JIRA.
> >
> > I'll keep you updated with the progress of the release.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Attila
> >

> > On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Boglarka Egyed <bogi@cloudera.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Attila,
> > >
> > > +1 to the idea and many thanks for driving this!
> > >
> > > I don't have any specific requirement or concern so feel free to
> proceed
> > > with the proposed timeline.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Bogi