sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Boglarka Egyed <b...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Using pull requests for reviews
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2017 12:55:11 GMT
Hi Szabolcs,

I think this is pretty natural question.

I did some quick research on the topic and found one limitation with the
pull requests so far: people can not be assigned specifically as reviewers,
however, I don't think this would be a problem as every pull request and
related updates (comments, changes) would be sent to the dev@ mailing list.

>From my point of view the most important features of reviewing would be:

   - downloadable patch file
   - commenting on specific line(s)
   - editable description and comments
   - tracked history (including comments and changes)

As far as I see it all of these are available via pull requests too.

To the best of my knowledge Flume also uses pull requests beside using
ReviewBoard for example.

However, it would be nice to see what has driven the community to the
ReviewBoard initially as we could miss something here.

Thanks,
Bogi